19 Sep Baby, it’s cold outside. Does your heat work?
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it’s also the busiest. In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the season, make sure you are paying attention to your heating system; otherwise, it might be as cold inside your home as it is outdoors.
Does Your Heating System Need a Tune Up?
On average, your heating and air conditioning system runs 3,300 hours every year. If your HVAC unit was a car traveling at 65 mph, it would travel almost 215,000 miles in a single year. Like an automobile, your heating system requires regular tune ups.
Signs your heating system needs a tune up include:
- The air coming from your vents is cooler than usual
- The airflow from your supply vents is weaker than usual
- Your home is failing to meet the temperature to which your thermostat is set
- Your home is accumulating more dust than usual
- Your system is frequently engaging and disengaging
- Your energy bills are inexplicably increasing
Your heating system may be showing you signs it needs a tune up for Christmas. Since that is one gift Santa cannot bring, contact us to find out more about maintenance and tune ups.
What Do I Do If I Lose Heat?
If your heating system fails entirely, there are a few key do’s and don’ts for homeowners.
- Make sure your air filters have been replaced
- Reset your breaker
- Check for leaks and damage
- Make sure all your vents are open
- Call a professional HVAC technician
- Build a fire in the living room floor
- Try to heat your house with a gas or charcoal grill
- Put off repairs until spring
- Assume the worst
- Avoid contacting a professional
Heating systems rarely fail altogether without first showing signs of their impending demise. If your HVAC unit is showing signs of potential failure, the best practice is to act immediately. Delaying repairs may ultimately lead to additional issues and increased costs.
The All American Solution
As a fully licensed HVAC repair and installation company, we offer comprehensive services related to heating and air conditioning. We are equipped to inspect and repair heat pumps and gas furnaces, install new HVAC units, and help you determine what heating and air conditioning system is best for you. We help homeowners stay warm effectively and efficiently throughout winter.
What is the Value of a Maintenance Agreement?
The most cost effective means by which you can have peace of mind regarding your heating system is by signing up for a maintenance agreement. Maintenance agreements ensure your system will be regularly inspected by a licensed, professional HVAC technician. Our technicians are skilled to recognize and diagnose repair needs early, and maintenance agreement customers have access to discounts and savings.
If your house is cold, Santa may skip it altogether. Regular maintenance is the best way to make sure your family (and Saint Nick) will be warm this Christmas. Contact us for more details.